What you still need to know is this

I don't read much. But every now and then I come across something that captures my heart. "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho is one such book. I think it's a profound work.

Quote:
Before a dream is realized, the Soul of the World tests everything that was learned along the way. It does this not because it is evil, but so that we can, in addition to realizing our dreams, master the lessons we've learned as we've moved toward that dream. That's the point at which most people give up. It's the point at which, as we say in the language of the desert, one 'dies of thirst just when the palm trees have appeared on the horizon.'

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mmmm interesting!
Actively pursuing your dreams and living in the moment in its purest form is a contradiction.

Dreams by their very nature are expectations of futuristic events.Man today through the process of evolution is propelled by dreams, they are the very essence of his existence, I accept, but you cannot ever say you accept things the way they are or you dont believe in planning.
How can you live for something and not be actively involved in achieving them.Makes no sense.

Personally I see no wrong or right in this at all, I just think that its the journey towards achieving these dreams that counts more than the result.The reason I believe this is that I cant discount the existence of a higher power that can crash your dreams when ever it pleases, cos ultimatly it alone knows whether these dreams were meant for you or not.
( destiny)
So dream and let nothing stop you from trying to achieve but enjoy the journey and understand that achieving the dream is not the end.

Good luck.( although I doubt very much if luck has anything to do with it) another chapter, already taken up more space that I was meant to.
Anonymous said…
Glad to know you out there making your dreams come true. Hope you're happy. : )